My Introduction

26. November 2016 um 15:19

Hello All

I am a Smith from Indiana USA and a Tool Supplier in Germany recomended I join here.

Over the next month of Dec 2016 and 2017 I will be travelling to Bavaria and would like very much to visit some shops there to see and learn new things. I have been an active smith for more than 30 years. I mainly like making art, house accessories, and tools.  I only speak intro leval German, but I am taking lessons.

I hope to meet new friends that love sharing information and techniques. Any information would help and would be very nice.

Thank You

Gerhardt

26. November 2016 um 16:13
Hallo Gerhardt,

herzlich willkommen und viel Freude und Erfolg bei Deinem Besuch in Bayern, dort gibt es echt gute Schmiede und die ich kennenlernen durfte waren alle sehr nett.

mein Englisch ist mies...evt. kann es ja jemand übersetzen (auch den Beitrag von Gerhardt)
Schmieden lernt man am Amboß

26. November 2016 um 18:34
Hello Gerhart.

I am also a skilled blacksmith and you are a forged blacksmith with a forge of forty years. Unfortunately I come from Nordreihn Westfahlen. But there are many blacksmiths in Beyern. Peter Brunner for example http://peter-brunner-schmie.de/ who also runs this forum here, and the Franz Mayr http://www.alte-hammerschmiede.de/
Sure you will give others here also good tips.
Have fun in Beyern.

The pit03.

26. November 2016 um 18:42
Gerhardts Beitrag übersetzt (so gut es ging). Was in Klammer steht bin ich mir nicht 100% sicher
Hallo zusammen,
ich bin ein Schmied aus Indiana USA und ein deutscher Werkzeuglieferant(?) empfahl mir dieses Forum (?). Während der nächstem Monate ab Dezember 2016 werde ich nach Bayern reisen und würde dort sehr gerne Kontakte knüpfen (?) um neue Dinge zu sehen und zu lernen.
Ich bin seit über 30 Jahren aktiver Schmied.
Hauptsächlich mag ich Kunstobjekte (?) Hauszubehör und Werkzeug.
Ich spreche nur wenig Deutsh doch ich lerne.
Ich hoffe neue Freunde zu finden, die Informationen und Techniken mit mir teilen möchten.
Jede Information würde helfen und wäre nett
Gerhardt
26. November 2016 um 18:47
Hi Gerhardt,
welcome here. I've  tried to translate your letter as good as I could. But you see here are more English speaking people who will help you.
Good luck
Volker
1. Dezember 2016 um 22:52

Thank You all for the warm welcome.

I am taking some time to learn my way around the forum, from what I see it is very good and full of very nice work. I like very much that after my rough translations it seems like a good community of people here. I will try and translate any post I have and also read much in the regular German forum

Gerhardt

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I take some time on my way to learn the Forum, from what I see, it is very good and full of very nice work. I like it very much that after my rough translations, it seems like a good community of people here. Ich werde versuchen, und übersetzen alle Post Ich habe auch viel in der regulären deutschen Forum lesen (I used a translator so please forgive if I made mistakes)